See below for event details!
Important: To register, click on the registration button where it appears beneath the event title. Anyone can register and you should not have to log-in to the on-line community. National SNMA members may sign-in, as usual, using their email address and password. If you need assistance, call our Membership coordinator at (202) 882-2881, ext. 102.
November 9, 2019
Rush Medical College
1725 W Harrison
Professional Building II, 5th Floor
Searle Conference Center
Online registration is closed.
SNMA Region II REGIONAL MEDICAL EDUCATION CONFERENCE (RMEC)
Hosted by Rush Medical College
This is an all-day event, full of exciting leadership workshops, hands-on training techniques and problem-based learning, residency networking fair and a pre-medical recruitment fair!
SCHEDULE: Saturday, November 9th, 2019:
- Registration: 7-7:50am
- MANDATORY Chapter President Meeting 7-7:50AM
- Welcome: 8-8:30am
- Morning sessions: 8:40-11:40am
- Includes pre-medical and medical tracks with mock interviews, personal statement reviews, AMBOSS sponsored tips and tricks for Step 1, Black Men in Medicine, Residency Panel, Health Advocacy in Medical Profession
- Recruitment Fair: 10am-2pm
- Lunch: 11:40am-12:50pm
- Keynote address with Chicago's First Chief Equity Officer, Candace Moore, J.D.
- Afternoon sessions:1-3:50pm
- Maternal Mortality, A Young Physicians Guide to Building Wealth and Maximizing Impact, Palliative Care
- Interactive Sessions:
- Heart & Lung Demo
- Suturing & Knot-tying workshop
- Osteopathic Manipulation Techniques
- Problem-Based Learning Session
- Research Symposium: 2-4pm
- Awards and Raffles: 4-4:50pm
PROGRAM FEES: RMEC tickets are SOLD OUT.
PARKING: $20 for the parking lot on site. This is not included in the conference fee, nor will it be validated for the day of the conference. We highly encourage using ride-share apps to arrive!
LODGING: We secured contracts with three local hotels. These contracts have now expired but the hotels may have rooms still available. If you are looking for a roommate for RMEC, please fill out this FORM HERE, and we will do our best to connect individuals.
- Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC: 625 South Ashland Ave at Harrison St, Chicago, IL. (312) 491-1234
- Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown: 506 W. Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60607. (855) 268-1763
- Hotel Chicago West Loop: 1622 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60612. (312) 243-2900
COMMUNITY SERVICE: Feminine Hygiene Drive!
- All types of research (basic science, clinical, quality improvement, etc.) welcome.
- Send abstracts to email@example.com by
October 26 EXTENDED DEADLINE November 3
- Details below:
- Come join your fellow Region II Members at our Friday Night Social Event
- Where: Park Tavern
- 1645 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60612
- When: 5-7PM on Friday November 8th!
- Saturday: Business casual attire. Breakfast and lunch will be provided during the conference
- Saturday Night Social Event: Wine and Cheese Night hosted by UIC SNMA, get tickets HERE